Thursday, September 20, 2012

Inspire Me Healthy Link-up and Recipe


 Linking up over at Kristen's this week!

So I have some not-so-fun news to report...no weight loss this week. I am not surprised..had a really busy week (which is not an excuse!) and only made it to the gym one time. I also didn't eat as clean as I'd like this week which I think is definitely a product of not being prepared for lunch. So, this week I'm making it a point to pack a little lunch cooler with healthy snacks and lunch food so I am not tempted to get Chipotle again....oops.

 On a brighter note, I found an awesome and clean breakfast recipe to get the day started on the right track. It's a super delicious protein pancake and couldn't be any easier to make.

Protein Pancake
245 Calories, 36 (!) grams of protein, 21 carbs, 2 grams of fat
(Recipe adapted from Tenley Mohlzan's website and the Tone It Up Plan)
2 egg whites
1/2 banana
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
dash cinnamon

-Crack egg whites into a bowl 
-Mash up 1/2 banana into the egg whites
-Add protein powder and cinnamon to the bowl
-Mix like crazy!
-Cook in pan like a pancake (allow to cook about 3 minutes each side)
 -Enjoy!

Here's what it looks like when it's all finished cooking:

Sometimes I add blueberries or drizzle some honey on top for sweetness but it's definitely good enough to eat plain!

I found another awesome recipe this week that I'll post later- hope you guys did better on your weight loss journeys than me this week! 

xo, Ann

9 comments:

  1. This sounds really yummy! I may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is- seriously, try it! I haven't had anything different for breakfast since I discovered this :)

      Delete
  2. Wow the pancakes sound so yummy and so healthy!! Thanks for the recipe girl!! Anyway, I'm just stopping by from the linkup. I hope you have a good day! xoxo

    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by- I'll check out your blog as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from the linkup. That looks delic!! My fave breakfast lately is a honey wheat waffle with PB and slivered almonds. YUMM-O!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has always really helped me to plan out my meals that way I don't have a chance to start browsing through junk food for a quick fix. I plan my meals by the month - breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
    That protein pancake sounds great! Especially with blueberries :D
    Stopping by from the link up ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm the pancakes sound amazing. I hope you have an amazing weekend, hun. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd enter my latest giveaway. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband is all psyched to try these out!

    ReplyDelete