Thursday, September 27, 2012

Inspire Me Healthy Link-up and Recipe





I have some way better news to report this week: I lost 1.6 more pounds for a total of 3 lbs lost so far :)  I also decided that I needed an easier way to keep track of what I was eating and started doing Weight Watchers informally. I did it before my wedding briefly and had some success but this time I just downloaded an app on my iPhone to help calculate points. I'm going to do it casually myself and save the fees for the online access to go toward my fall wardrobe! The app I downloaded is MyScorePlus and it's great- you have to do a little work to enter in nutrition facts but worth it in my opinion!

So next up, I wanted to share with you guys another great recipe from this week! This one was not new for us- my husband and I have made this weekly for probably the past 2 months- not exaggerating! We absolutely love it! The recipe is from the Skinny Taste website- so many great recipes with points already calculated for you!



Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 7/8 cup • Old Points: 4 pt • Points+: 5 pt
Calories: 210.4 • Fat: 9.2 g • Protein: 25.1 g • Carb: 7.8 g • Fiber: 3.6 g • Sugar: 0.6
Sodium without salt: 260.8 mg
  • 1 lb jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped*
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 1 hass avocado, diced
  • 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 2 limes, juice of
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion

2. In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.



It's super easy and soo good and fresh tasting! This week, I plan on making her skinny mozzarella sticks and healthy baked chicken nuggets. I already made the beet and goat cheese salad this week which was good too! 

Have you guys made anything from the Skinny Taste website or have any other good Weight Watchers favorites? Hope you're all having a great and healthy week!
xo, Ann



No comments:

Post a Comment